Easy to make and so very sweet! This branchy felt tangerine wreath is made up of multicolored felt leaves, flowers, and large wool balls for the citrus.
Due to all of the pieces needing to be cut, we recommend using a cutting machine to speed things up a bit. But you can always use our template to cut your pieces by hand instead.
Only the Zest
We love making citrus crafts during the winter season! You could really make this felt tangerine wreath any time of the year. But since it’s pretty cold and gray here in Portland during the winter, adding some vibrant citrus colors to our home decor is a great way to brighten up any room.
Our tutorial below will show you how to make your own wreath and then add the felt leaves, felt flowers, and wool balls to create a beautiful and realistic wreath. Once assembled, our felt tangerine wreath measures about 14″ across. You can always play around with the size of your wreath if you’d like and also how you arrange all of the pieces.
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Mango, Buttercup, White, Juniper, Fern, and Kelp
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Large Orange Wool Balls — 3cm
- Ribbon or Twine for hanging
How to Make a Felt Tangerine Wreath
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a cutting machine (recommended) or scissors. Our finished wreath has 6 tangerines, 8 blossoms, 8 leaves in Kelp, 12 leaves in Fern, and 12 leaves in Juniper.
- To make the leaves: Apply a line of hot glue down the middle half of a leaf. Press on a short (about 4″) length of a 24-gauge floral wire.
- Apply another line of glue all the way up the middle of the leaf and on top of the wire. Fold in half, pinching along the fold.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love making wreaths or working with felt? Browse all of the wreaths you can make on our site. Or explore our felt crafts for more DIY ideas.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.