What’s cuter than a felt stuffie? A mini version, of course! Krista has created some adorable felt animal pocket pals, and today we’re sharing the tutorial so you can make them on your own.
These treetop pocket pals are a great beginner/intermediate felt project. If you’re brand-new to hand-stitching, we recommend checking out our embroidery guide first and starting with some simpler beginner projects. Otherwise, scroll down to download the pattern and tutorial for these felt animal pocket pals.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Our felt pocket pals include a tiny koala, red panda, and sloth — each with their own little leaf to hang out in. These treetop friends make such cute gifts for the little ones in your life. Or you can always keep them for yourself!
As you will see in our instructions, we highly recommend cutting these felt animal patterns by hand since the pieces are so tiny. Everything we used for this project is linked below. And you can find the full photo tutorial and step-by-step instructions in the downloads below. If you have any questions, just ask!
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make Felt Animal Pocket Pals
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the animal patterns on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt pieces according to the pattern using scissors. Note: It is highly recommended you take the time to cut this project by hand because the Cricut Maker will have a hard time cutting the small pieces accurately. The machine would work better if you choose to do a paper version.
- Whip stitch the details onto the heads using one strand of matching embroidery floss.
- Backstitch on the mouths using 2 strands of black floss.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
We hope you have fun making these felt animal pocket pals and share your creations with us by tagging #MadeWithLia. For more DIY ideas and inspiration, join us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Or browse our video tutorials on how to make paper flowers, home decor, and more.
- Cricut Maker (optional, but is not recommended)
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Hazelnut, Terracotta, Paprika, White, Vanilla, Bark Brown,Fern,Juniper, Moss, Black, and Marble
- Embroidery Floss — Light Brown (434), Medium Mahogany (301), Medium Copper (920), Snow White (B5200), Off White, Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938),Very Light Avocado Green (471), Avocado Green (469), Dark Hunter Green (3345), Black (310), and Light Steel Grey (318)
- Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member