Spring is just around the corner, which means it’s almost time for tulip season! Although we’ve crafted many paper tulips, we have yet to make a felt version. But that changes today! Our designer Krista created these beautiful felt tulips, and we are sharing the step-by-step tutorial so you can make your own bouquet.
These felt tulips are beginner-friendly flowers and will look so pretty in your home. Download our tulip template below to cut your flowers by hand. Or you can use our tulip SVG file with your Cricut Maker.
Tulip-git to Quit
Once you start making flowers out of felt and paper, we guarantee you will be obsessed! We spend a lot of time designing new flower templates and tutorials so you can learn how to make your favorite flowers. And if you ever have any questions or want to share feedback, we are here to listen and support you!
To make these felt tulips, we used three different felt colors for the petals. Coral and tangerine are more bold, vibrant colors while papaya is a bit lighter and softer. Together they make a gorgeous arrangement that will look beautiful all spring and summer long. We have linked the exact colors we used below, but you can also explore our felt collection if you want to try out some different pinks or make some yellow or purple tulips.
When you are done making your felt tulips, we’d love to see them! As always, you can email pictures of your flower creations to email@example.com, share them with our private Facebook group for members, or tag #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Coral, Papaya, Tangerine, Sunshine, and Juniper
- Green Paper-Covered Wire – 18-Gauge
- Green Floral Tape – Lia Griffith Floral Tape in Fern
- Aleene’s Stiffen-Quick Fabric Stiffening Spray
How to Make Felt Tulips
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to the flower pattern using a Cricut Maker or scissors.
- To give the petals their cupped shape, apply hot glue in a thin line along the slits on the petals where indicated in the photo tutorial.
- Overlap the tabs over the slits. This will create a cupped shape to the petals.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
For more DIY ideas, join us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. We also have video tutorials to help you make paper flowers and plants, decorate with DIY décor, and more. To start crafting with us, sign up for a Lia Griffith membership.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.