Oooohhhh. . . Aaaahhhh. . . Those are the sounds that automatically pop out of my mouth when I look at these adorable turtle doves. The second bird in foam ball and felt series that we are creating and after making the first, I knew this simple but gorgeous bird needed a mate. You can follow our step-by-step tutorial below to make a set for your holiday decor. Simply download the pattern at the end of the post for all of the felt wing, tail and beak pieces. To start the project you will need a foam egg ball (foam balls can be replaced with the core wool and it will keep your needles sharper longer) and roving felt which you can find at a craft or yarn store. We also use a special felting needle and foam piece that you will find where they sell the roving felt.
- Lia Griffith Felting Pad
- Lia Griffith Needle Felting Needle Holder
- Lia Griffith Felting Needles – pack of 6
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
- Needle Felting Roving Wool – Natural White and Grey
- Wool Blend Felt – White, Dove, and Black
- 2.5″ Foam Egg or Needle Felting Core Wool
- Black Beads
- 18-Gauge Green Floral Wire
- Black Paint
Make sure you share your creations with us on our Facebook page or with #liagriffith or #MadeWithLia on Instagram or Twitter. We love to see your work! ~ Lia
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.