One of my favorite scenes when driving through California is the wild poppies along the side of the highway. We have made crepe paper poppies in shades of bright orange before. But it was just recently that my eyes caught the quieter version of the California state flower, which they call Pink Champagne. So I gave myself the challenge to make these frosted paper California poppies.
And now that I have made these beauties, I’m sharing the tutorial with you so you can craft your own version!
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
These delicate frosted paper California poppies are a perfect flower to make with the cutting machine. They have detailed centers and leaves so our text weight frosted paper gives them a pink sky sunset glow. You can even add a gradation with the pale gold PanPastel as I demonstrate in the photo tutorial below.
When finished, you can arrange your frosted paper California poppies into a bouquet as a gift, pop them on top of a wrapped gift, or pot them to create some pretty home decor.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make Frosted Paper California Poppies
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut frosted paper petals, leaves, sepal, and stamen on your cutting machine or with scissors.
- Color the centers of all your petal sets with PanPastel.
- Using a curling tool, shape each petal at the base upward, then curl down at the tip of the petals.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Craft Scissors or Detail Scissors
- Curling Tool
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper –Citrus Pack, Conifer Pack, and Melon Pack
- PanPastel Artist Pastel – Pearlescent Yellow 951.5
- Art Glitter Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member