Can you believe it has been nearly 8 years since I made this frosted paper gardenia? Although it is still one of our most popular projects, I felt like it was time to come up with a new design for this flower.
This pattern is simple to cut by hand or you can use a cutting machine. Along with the full gardenia bloom, you will also learn how to make the leaves for this flower and add a bud.
- Craft Scissors or Cutting Machine
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Scoring Stylus (for Cricut Explore or Maker)
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Citrus Pack: color 4 and Succulent Pack: color 3
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- 15 mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- PanPastel Lia Griffith Designer Set — Bright Yellow Green
How to Make a Frosted Paper Gardenia
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut your petals and leaves, and score your leaves as shown on the pattern.
- Add color to the center of one side of each petal piece.
- Glue cotton spun balls to floral wires — one for the bud and one for the bloom.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.