Can you believe it has been nearly 8 years since I made this frosted paper gardenia? Although it is still one of our most popular projects, I felt like it was time to come up with a new design for this flower.
This pattern is simple to cut by hand or you can use a cutting machine. Along with the full gardenia bloom, you will also learn how to make the leaves for this flower and add a bud.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
How to Make a Frosted Paper Gardenia
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut your petals and leaves, and score your leaves as shown on the pattern.
- Add color to the center of one side of each petal piece.
- Glue cotton spun balls to floral wires — one for the bud and one for the bloom.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
- Craft Scissors or Cutting Machine
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Scoring Stylus (for Cricut Explore or Maker)
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Citrus Pack: color 4 and Succulent Pack: color 3
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- 15 mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- PanPastel Artist Pastel — Bright Yellow Green 680.5
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member