There is something so delightful about a small pot of herbs on your kitchen counter or dining room table. Sadly, they do not last forever, so we like to make them out of paper instead. A few years back, we made some rosemary, lavender, and basil out of crepe paper; then, we added this frosted paper version. To round things out, we updated the template (with some new templates) and created this set in cardstock paper. Of course, this new template works beautifully with frosted paper too!
Below are the patterns to make lavender, mint, and parsley. Just check out our supplies list and crafting tips before getting started!
Here’s a little encourage-mint
Along with the original and the new templates, we will host a live workshop on assembling the cardstock version of the paper herbs. We also have a photo tutorial below for the original frosted paper version. Due to the intricate pieces of this project, we recommend using a cutting machine with our SVG file. But you’re always welcome to cut by hand with detail scissors, too.
Overall, this is a great paper craft for beginners. And, of course, we’d love to see your version! While you can use any kind of cardstock or text-weight paper you like or beautiful frosted paper.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: We prefer using art glitter glue for these frosted paper herbs. It dries so fast that you only need to hold each piece in place for 15-30 seconds to stay put!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Berry Pack Color: 1 and Succulent Pack Colors: 1, 2, and 3
- Or Lia Griffith Card Stock in – Holiday Green, Desert Cactus, Queens Fern, Grape Verbena, Lavender
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Tape — Green
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
How to Make Frosted Version of Paper Herbs
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut paper for lavender following template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fold the paper lavender flower pieces in half.
- Apply glue along one uncut edge; bring edges together and hold until glue becomes tacky. Repeat with the 2 remaining lavender flower pieces.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.