There is something so delightful about a small pot of herbs on your kitchen counter or dining room table. Sadly, they do not last forever, so we like to make them out of paper instead. A few years back we made some rosemary, lavender, and basil out of crepe paper. So today we are showing you how to make some frosted paper herbs that Meagan designed.
Below you will find the patterns to make lavender, mint, and parsley. Just check out our supplies list and crafting tip before getting started!
Here’s a little encourage-mint
Along with the patterns, we have a step-by-step photo tutorial to help you craft these frosted paper herbs. Due to the intricate pieces of this project, we recommend using a cutting machine with our SVG file. But you’re always welcome to cut by hand with detail scissors, too.
Overall, this is a great paper craft for beginners. And of course we’d love to see your version! While you can use any kind of text weight paper you like, the frosted paper will give your herbs some more depth and dimension for a more realistic look.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: We prefer using the art glitter glue for these frosted paper herbs. It dries so fast that you only need to hold each piece in place for 15-30 seconds for it to stay put!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Berry Pack Color: 1 and Succulent Pack Colors: 1, 2, and 3
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Tape — Green
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
How to Make Frosted Paper Herbs
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut paper for lavender following template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fold the paper lavender flower pieces in half.
- Apply glue along one uncut edge; bring edges together and hold until glue becomes tacky. Repeat with the 2 remaining lavender flower pieces.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.