We’re excited to announce our first-ever hyacinth on the site today! Isn’t it so pretty? Normally we like to make the same flowers over and over again because we always discover a new way to craft it or we figure out how to make it even better. Also practicing with the same type of flower is how you improve your crafting skills! But every now and then we like to try out a brand-new flower. And today our new flower is this frosted paper hyacinth, beautifully crafted by our designer Krista and ready for you to make at home!
It’s so much fun making a flower for the first time! This frosted paper hyacinth is an intermediate DIY project (mostly because it’s a bit time-consuming to make all of the flowers.) So if you’re new to making paper flowers, you might want to start with something a little simpler, like this frosted paper cosmos.
We also recommend using your cutting machine for this one since there are so many flowers to cut. But if you don’t have a cutting machine, you can cut these by hand using our PDF template. Once you have all of your tools and materials ready to go, just download our tutorial below.
These frosted paper hyacinths are a great way to bring some spring color into your home. You can pot them like we did, keep them loose in a vase, or create an arrangement with some other paper flowers. However you style your hyacinths, we’d love to see your version of them! Make sure to share your pictures with us and the rest of our craft community by posting on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia or on our Facebook page for members.
If you have any questions about this DIY project, just comment below. Happy spring flower crafting, friends!
Skill level: Intermediate
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Detail Knife (if cutting by hand)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool or Craft Scissors
- Branch Trimmers or Saw
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Citrus Pack #4, and Succulent Pack #2
- Lia Griffith’s Favorite Frosted Gold Paper Pack
- Art Markers — Blick Studio Brush Markers Periwinkle (018) and Leaf Green (048)
- Green Paper-Covered Floral Wire — 24 Gauge
- Light Green Floral Tape — Lia Griffith Ferns and Moss
- Wooden Dowels — 1/4″
- Wooden Skewer
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue or
- Art Glitter Glue
How to Make a Frosted Paper Hyacinth Flower
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the hyacinth flower pattern below.
- Cut out your paper pieces according to the pattern, using your cutting machine or scissors. For reference: the bigger hyacinth has 28 flowers total and the smaller has 14.
- Color the petals with a periwinkle art marker, leaving the edges barely white.
- Then, draw a stripe down the middle of each petal.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Find More Flower Inspiration
Want to make more flowers? Browse all of our paper flowers and plants on the site. Or check our YouTube channel for paper flower video tutorials. For daily DIY ideas, join us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.