Just like roses, there are so many varieties of peonies that we will never tire of making this flower. For this month’s collection, Meagan designed a frosted paper lorelei peony that is absolutely stunning and also easy to make.
Ready to start crafting these beauties? Make sure to check out our tools and materials list — and don’t forget to read our crafting tips! Then download our peony pattern and tutorial below.
Double the fun
Lorelei peonies are known for their double blooms and pink petals that transition in color. To create this effect for our frosted paper Lorelei peonies, we used two shades from our melon pack and colored the centers of our flowers with our favorite spray paint.
These flowers look lovely on their own, or you can add them to an arrangement like we did. If you need some inspiration, we used fresh alstroemeria and eucalyptus from Trader Joe’s. You can always use fresh flowers and greenery for your paper flower bouquets — or make your own!
We would love to see what you do with your frosted paper Lorelei peonies, so be sure to share them with us. As always, you can post them to our Facebook page for members, post on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia, or email them to us at email@example.com.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tips: While the petal shape is simple enough to cut by hand, we do recommend using a cutting machine as there are a lot of petals for this flower. You can find the petal assembly order in our PDF template as well as our instructions. Once you’ve cut everything out, the petals are in a circle that you can easily shape, then slide onto the stem wire and glue into place.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Melon Pack Colors: 2 and 4 + Succulent Pack Color: 3
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Design Master Color Tool Spray — Coral and Ivory
How to Make a Frosted Paper Lorelei Peony
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Shape and curl all of your paper petals using a curling tool.
- Cut a 4-inch piece of 18-gauge wire.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Want more paper flower patterns and tutorials? Browse our frosted paper flowers for more ideas on what you can make with this craft paper.