Every now and then we like to update our designs and give an old favorite a new look. Inspired by our 4th of July paper star garland from a few years ago, Meagan came up with a new design and used our frosted paper to make these pretty star lanterns.
Although this is a very simple project, we’d recommend using a cutting machine with our SVG file. If you don’t have a machine, you can use a hole punch to punch out all of the holes in your paper star lanterns.
Create a stariffic party
These frosted paper star lanterns make great decor for any summer party. You can string them horizontally to make a garland, hang them one by one vertically at varying heights, or even stick them on a wall. We would love to see how you get creative with your star lanterns, so be sure to tag #MadeWithLia when posting pictures.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Berry Pack – Color 1, Citrus Pack – Color 4, and Conifer Pack – Color 1
- String for Hanging
- Fairy Lights
How to Make Frosted Paper Star Lanterns
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the star pattern below.
- Cut and score paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fold along score lines; fold top tabs up and long side tab down.
- Apply adhesive dots to the long side tab and fold into a cone shape.
Full tutorial available for members only. Join here!
For daily craft ideas, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. We also have video tutorials to help you make paper flowers and plants, decorate with DIY décor, and more. To start crafting with us, sign up for a Lia Griffith membership.
Want to be featured on our social media pages? Remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your DIY projects. We can’t wait to see what you create!