Sweet potato vines are popular garden plants that comes in many different colors and shapes, from deep plum to neon green. Plenty of room to get creative! For our frosted paper sweet potato vine, Krista used three colors from our Stone Fruit pack to create the ombre effect these leaves typically have.
This leaf pattern is a fairly simple one to cut by hand, but we recommend using a cutting machine with our SVG file since there is a lot of cutting and scoring to do. If you don’t have a cutting machine, you can always use our printable template instead.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Vine and Dandy
This frosted paper sweet potato vine makes such beautiful fall decor. Our tutorial will show you how to create individual stems for a potted arrangement, but you could also make long, continuous vines for a garland or table centerpiece. Along with assembling the vine, you will learn how to add more detail to your leaves by drawing on veins with a marker.
How to Make a Frosted Paper Sweet Potato Vine
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out and score the paper leaves according to template. If you are not using a cutting machine, print the PDF template onto your paper of choice and then cut it out with a detail knife and ruler. Score along all of the dotted lines.
- Draw veins onto the leaves using a burgundy art marker and following the score lines.
- Fold the leaves in half along the scored line in the middle.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Knife, Cutting Mat, Ruler, and Scoring Tool (if cutting by hand)
- 12″x 12″ Paper — Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper Stone Fruit Pack: colors 2, 3 & 4
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Floral Tape — Bark
- Karin Brushmarker Pro —Burgundy (075)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member