Paper, Not Picked
Roses are red, violets are blue we made this beautiful rose and you can too! Thanks to our friends at Paper Papers, we are giving you this pattern for FREE. Download your free paper garden rose pattern below and follow along with our photo tutorial on Paper Papers website to assemble your rose.
For this beautiful paper garden rose we used Paper Papers metallic text weight paper. We are absolutely in love with this paper for floral paper crafting! It’s offers the perfect thickness to remain firm yet malleable and the perfect touch of elegant shimmer. To discover your own perfect shade, browse Paper Papers wide selection here. For the photo tutorial to assemble your rose visit PaperPapers.com.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Detail Scissors
- Wire Cutter/Needle Nose Pliers
- Curling Tool
- Template (FREE! Download below)
- Metallic Text-Weight Paper – Paper Papers “Fairway” and “Azalea”
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 20 Gauge
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut all pieces according to pattern notes.
- Shape your smallest sets of petals with curling tool. All curl upward, except last set.
- Shape remaining petals on two top corners to form point in center.
- With needle nose pliers, form spiral on tip of green wire.
- Slide wire through tab of smallest petals and glue to secure.
- Form point on first petal and glue. Wrap second petal around first and glue one corner.
- Glue together at center two matching layers of petals that curl in different directions.
- Slide onto wire, glue at base and rotate petals as shown.
- Layer and glue remaining petals.
- Slide onto wire, glue and form into a rotation.
- For all petals, keep rotation in same direction.
- See photo for example of how center of rose should look.
- Slide final two petal sets onto wire.
- Arrange petals to offset from other layers, and glue into place.
- With curling tool, shape sepal inward, then shape tips in other direction.
- Slide onto wire and glue at base of flower.
- Fold leaves in half then with tool press vein lines when holding in palm of hand.
- Glue wire between two offset leaves.
- Arrange stems of flowers and leaves.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team