If you’re looking for a delicious gluten-free bread recipe that’s also low in carbs, I’ve got just the one! It’s also a great option for anyone who’s following a keto or paleo meal plan. I made this gluten-free bread with hazelnut meal/flour since the hazelnut is Oregon’s official state nut. You could use almond flour if you prefer, but I’m almond intolerant. Scroll down to see the gluten-free bread recipe I used—and get a quick video tutorial.
A lot of us here pay attention to what we eat and try to eat wholesome, nutritious foods. So we’re always looking for ways to tweak recipes to satisfy our food preferences and intolerances—as well as our taste buds! Because this gluten-free bread recipe uses hazelnut meal/flour, it only has 1.2g of carbohydrate per serving. This recipe makes 12 servings, so you’ll want to cut the loaf into 12 slices if you want to figure out the carb to slice ratio.
While some gluten-free bread can taste bland or be too dense, this recipe results in light, fluffy bread with great flavor and texture. We think it’s especially tasty with butter—or whatever your favorite spread is! It’s also really good for making sandwiches.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! And make sure to share your favorite way to eat this hazelnut bread on Instagram—just post it on your feed and use the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
Want more gluten-free recipes? We’ve made gluten-free breakfasts, dinners, and desserts. You can find the recipes for them here.
- 1/4 cup unflavored grass-fed collagen protein
- 1/4 cup protein powder (whey, hemp or pea)
- 1/3 cup hazelnut flour
- 5 cage free eggs
- 1 tablespoon liquid coconut oil (has no flavor)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Separate eggs placing the whites in a large mixing bowl and the yokes in a smaller bowl. With hand mixer, beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Add coconut oil into egg yokes and mix. In a third bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Fold them whisk the yolk mixture then the dry mixture into the egg whites until completely incorporated.
- Cover bottom of loaf pan with baking paper. Leave the sides of for the bread to stick to edges while baking.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 40 minutes until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 30-60 minutes. Note that the center of bread will fall a bit.
- Slide knife around edge of pan to release bread. Turn pan over on cutting board to release bread. Cut into 12 slices.
- Store in airtight container or bag in refrigerator. Enjoy within 3 days of baking.
- This is a perfect bread if you are following a Keto or Paleo eating plan.
- Nutrition Facts
- Servings: 12
- Amount per serving
- Calories 67
- Total Fat 3.7g
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g
- Total Sugars 0.1g
- Protein 7.5g