When I am decorating my home, I love to find items that are meaningful to me in addition to being beautiful. And these gold ginkgo branches tick both boxes.
When I first moved to Portland, Oregon over 10 years ago, I could not help but notice all of the ginkgo trees planted between the building in the downtown area. This realistic paper gingko biloba branch has had a home in my living space for the past few years, and I continually notice the iconic leaf in other home decor items and printed onto designer fabrics.
Go for the gold
What makes the gingko biloba even more interesting to me is the meaning it has carried through thousands the years. According to my research into this ancient tree, I found that it is an object of veneration, a symbol of unity of opposites, a bearer of hope, and a symbol of love. Yes, please! Needless to say, this gorgeous work of art will be finding a home on my new living room wall.
These gold ginkgo branches are quite simple to make with either a cutting machine or by hand. When using the Cricut, you can add the leaf details using the scoring tool. And if cutting by hand, you can indent the lines using a bone folder or other scoring tool. Follow the steps below for attaching the gold leaves onto the stems and branch. Once complete, you can use these gold ginkgo branches as framed art or place them into a vase.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith’s Favorite Frosted Gold Paper Pack – Pure Gold
- Floral Tape — Cream & Gold
- Bind Wire – Natural
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire (50 pack)
- Mod Podge – Matte
- Design Master Premium Metals Spray – Pure Gold
Frosted Paper Gold Ginkgo Branches
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut and score paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Using wire cutters, cut 4-inch pieces of bind wire.
- Use floral tape to attach 5-7 pieces of bind wire down a thick stem wire.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.