Graduations are occasions worth celebrating. And if you’re going to celebrate, you might as well go all out! These graduation party straw toppers are inspired by our cute graduation cap cupcake toppers. We also have some fun treat boxes that guests can take home when the party is over.
Altogether, these craft projects complement each other to make the perfect grad party decorations. A little can go a long way, and these simple designs are beautiful accents for creating the festive environment your graduate deserves!
Caps Off to the Grad
Much like our cupcake toppers and wrappers, these graduation party straw toppers are super easy to make. You will only need a few simple tools and materials plus our template for the graduation cap. Once you have everything ready, there are only three steps to follow!
We cut our graduation party straw toppers onto blue and dark gray metallic paper, and our tassels onto gold metallic paper. Assemble your mini grad caps with tape or glue, and then use a small circle punch to create a hole in the caps and tassels to stick your straws through. Easy peasy and such a simple way to make it the best grad party ever!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Text Weight Paper — Stardream Metallic Lapis Lazuli, Curious Metallic Shadow, and FAV Shimmer Pure Gold
- Paper Straws — Blue & White Polka Dot and Gold & White Stripe
How to Make a Graduation Party Straw Topper
- Cut pattern according to the template, using scissors and a 1/4″ hole punch—or download the SVG file if you’re using a cutting machine.
- Fold tabs on top of cap piece, and add adhesive. Center on top of square bottom piece of cap, and press to secure in place.
- Slide cap onto straw; then add the gold paper tassel on top.
- Optional: Cut a piece of matching paper 2″ wide and wrap around the bottle.
Want More Ideas?
No matter how old your graduate is, they’ll love a day where their accomplishments are celebrated! To help you out with this, we have more graduation crafts for you to explore.
We love to be here for you through life’s biggest events. So just reach out and let us know how we can help!
For daily inspiration, connect with us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. You can also browse our video tutorials for other DIY projects, like making paper flowers, styling your craft projects, and more. And if you haven’t joined our craft community yet, take a peek at our membership options!