Dream With Your Head in the Clouds!
Some say it’s a nap, we say it’s a horizontal life pause. Either way, siesta in style with this adorable felt cloud DIY pillow! You can create your own dreamy pillow with our easy-to-follow tutorial. We have provided the PDF pattern to get you started. Simply gather your tools, materials, and creativity, then join us on a creative trip to sleepy-town!
Your felt cloud DIY pillow would go really well with our sleep mask iron-on, which you can create here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Dove, and Slate
- Wool Felt – “Grey” 18×18
- Embroidery Floss – DMC “Pearl Grey (415)” and “Dark Pewter Grey (3799)”
- Gather tools and materials.
- Print, cut out, and tape together the paper pattern for the cloud shape. Trace the pattern on the wrong side of the felt using a pencil or fabric marker. Cut out 2 pieces of felt for the front and back of the cloud. We cut a dark grey for the back, and a lighter grey for the front.
- Cut out felt pieces for the face according to pattern, cutting with small detail scissors.
- Position the eyes and mouth on the front of the cloud. Whip stitch into place using 1 strand of matching embroidery floss.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Explore More Crafts!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
Do you have to use wool felt ? I have a lot of regular felt, can you use that ?
You can certainly use what you have on hand! We prefer to work with wool blend, by no means do you have to use the same.