Looking for some new artwork you can craft with your cutting machine? Illustrated by Emily, our layered paper bird art features a wintry scene with three sparrows hanging out in the trees.
We recommend using a cutting machine since there are six layers of intricate details to cut. But you can always use a detail knife if you want to cut this project by hand instead.
Getting creative in your sparrow time
This DIY project reminds me of watching winter birds from my living room window. So serene and peaceful! Not only is it beautiful to look at, but it’s also very easy to make. So if you don’t have a ton of time on your hands, this project is a good one to do.
Though we designed our layered paper bird art to have more of a winter look, you could keep it up year-round if you wanted to. Or you could always swap out the colors of paper you use to create different seasonal looks.
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cardstock – White, Light Blue, Medium Blue, Navy, Dark Purple.
- Metalic Cardstock – Vista
- Shadow Box Frame
- Yes! Paste or Glue Stick
How to Make Layered Paper Bird Art
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut out the template to the chosen size (9″x9″ by default).
- Apply stick flat glue to the thick tree layer.
- Press flat in the center of the light blue back.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.