We love making it simple for you to create beautiful artwork for your walls with just a little bit of paper! Using our SVG file or PDF template below, you can easily create your own layered paper unicorn art to hang up or prop against a wall.
Because the designs are intricate, we recommend using a cutting machine for this project.
How cute would this artwork be in a kid’s bedroom or in a nursery? We have linked the paper colors we used for this DIY project, but you can use whatever colors you like best.
When you are done making your layered paper unicorn art, we’d love to see your version! Be sure to share it with us by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram or posting to our Facebook group for members.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Craft Scissors and Detail Knife (if cutting by hand)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Frosted Paper
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Melon Pack and Conifer Pack
- Curious Metallics – Super Gold, Iceberg, Ink
- Basis Colors – Olive
- Mounting Squares
- Shadow Box Frame
- Design Master Spray – Basil (to paint frame)
How to Assemble (After Cutting)
- Use our photos below as a guide. First, glue on all the detail pieces (pink flower petals and gold flower centers, unicorn mane and tail, gold branch on unicorn, bluebells, and blue flowers).
- Next, glue the 3 pieces of the rainbow together to make one solid, flat piece. Glue this piece directly on top of the back layer (or, you can add mounting squares if you want it to pop off the back layer).
- Add mounting squares to the back of the tree layer, then press on top of back/rainbow layer.
- Next, add mounting squares to the backside of the flower layer, then press on top of tree layer.
- Then, add mounting squares to the backside of the very top cloud layer, then press on top of flower layer.
- Finally, add mounting squares to back of unicorn, and place in the center.
Want to make some more artwork for your walls? Browse our paper art or explore our wall hangings for more ideas. We also have more unicorn crafts for you to explore!
For more craft ideas and inspiration, join us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Or browse our video tutorials on paper flowers, home decor, and more.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
This reminds me of the 3D paper tole I did as a child…..I’m off to see if my children want to try this. Thank you!
When I click to download the SVG files the only that shows up it a picture. How do I get the files to upload on Design Space?
Hi! The SVG files will download as a zipped folder, that you have to unzip in order to extract the files that you then upload to Design Space. This video might be helpful: https://liagriffith.com/craft-academy/how-to-use-files-cricut/. If you still need help please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of what you’re seeing!