Father’s Day is coming up and we’re introducing an outdoorsy line of gifts to celebrate dad. We’re starting things off with this super simple leather blanket carrier. It’s extremely useful for picnics and camping in the great outdoors. You can even use it to carry a blanket for your kid’s soccer or baseball games. Join us as we kick off our camping celebration for dad and craft your own today. Everything you need to create your own leather blanket carrier is listed below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Leather – 1.5mm – 2.5mm thickness (we use scraps from our local leather supplier)
- Button Stud Rivets – 3/8”
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut the leather according to template notes, adjust the length of the straps as needed for the size of your blanket.
- Following the template notes for placement punch the 4.5mm holes in the leather straps using the leather punch.
- Following the template notes for placement punch the 3mm holes in the leather straps using the leather punch.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team