Cactus makes perfect! Check out our leather prickly pear plant project. You won’t believe it, but this leather was cut on a cutting machine! The all-new Cricut Maker is a crafter’s dream-come-true… cuts everything from leather to paper to felt to fabric! For just $399.99, reinvent your world of crafting today.
Tools & Materials
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
- Leather – light green, light pink
- Pink Paint
- Blunt-Ended Toothpick
- Small Rocks
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out your leather according to the pattern using scissors or the Cricut Maker.
- Sew the edges of the cactus leaving the bottom of each piece open.
- Use the end of a pencil to push polyfill through the opening.
- Sew the small cactus piece onto the larger piece.
- Stick a toothpick in the bottom of cactus, then glue closed.
- Paint the top cactus piece pink (or use pink leather).
- Gather and glue the small flower piece to top of cactus.
- Place small rocks into a small pot, then insert your cactus into the pot.
Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for your very own Lia Griffith membership today! For a chance to be featured on our social media, use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your projects. Happy crafting! ~Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.