We love making paper feathers to use in our home decor projects, so we thought it would be fun to switch things up and make a softer version out of macrame rope. After I saw Meagan’s first macrame feather, I suggested making a few more and adding them to a stick to fit in with our outdoor theme for June. And now we have this beautiful macrame feather wall decor project to show you!
This is a great project for all skill levels — just download our photo tutorial and we will guide you through this project step by step.
Look no feather for your DIY home decor
As a member, you don’t have to look very far for home decor ideas! We have tons of projects on our site to keep you inspired. And anytime your room needs a little refresh, you can just poke around on our site to find something new.
You will only need a few tools and materials for this macrame feather wall decor project, which you can find listed below. In keeping with our outdoor theme, Meagan chose three different earth tones that complement each other. And she cut some of her macrame feathers down further to create different lengths. You can do the same or experiment with the colors and sizes of feathers you create to make it your own.
As always, we hope you share your creations with us! Make sure to tag #MadeWithLia when posting pictures, or you can always email photos to email@example.com.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cotton Macrame Rope — Light Pink, Brown, and Natural
- Stick or Dowel (we got this one from our own backyard!)
- Aleene’s Stiffen-Quick Fabric Stiffening Spray
How to Make Macrame Feather Wall Decor
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the full photo tutorial below.
- Cut one length of rope that is twice the length you want your feather to be plus 4 inches. Then cut 60 6-inch lengths of rope.
- Fold long rope in half and tie a larks head knot around the stick; this is your holding rope.
- Fold a 6-inch rope in half, and lay it under the holding rope.
Full tutorial available for members only. Join here!