These mini clay vase magnets are simply adorable. With just a few basic tools and materials, you can craft these fun little vases to decorate a multitude of magnetic surfaces. Fill with tiny air plants and give as a gift! Play around with different colors of clay to give your project a more personal feel. We think you’ll love these cute little clay vase magnets — try this project today!
Tools & Materials
- Paint Brush
- Metal Ruler
- Rolling Pin
- Hot Glue Gun
- Sculpey clay – white
- Round magnet – 1”
- Blick matte acrylic paint – Blue Light, Blue Violet Deep
- Small air plant
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Take one section of sculpey clay and roll it out flat using the rolling pin.
- Following the template provided cut out a triangle from the rolled out clay using the edge of a metal ruler, place the triangle pointing down.
- Pull the two top points of the triangle together and connect the edges down to the bottom point to form a cone shape, smooth out the seam with your fingers then bake at 275 °F for 15 minutes.
- After the sculpey cools down glue the magnet onto the seam side of the mini vase.
- Use a paint brush to splatter the paint colors of your choice onto the mini vase.
More to Explore
Click here for more clay play!
Join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership to take your crafting to the next level. Always feel free to reach out with questions, comments or concerns — we’re happy to help! And remember to use #LoveLia when sharing photos of your finished crafts… your creativity is our biggest inspiration! Much love ~ Lia & Team