It’s been a while since we’ve made a new Mother’s Day craft! So for this month’s collection, Krista designed a mom floral cake topper featuring two different flowers and some greenery. There is also a “mum” version in our printable template and SVG file for those in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
Along with our project downloads below, you’ll find a supplies list linking all of the tools and materials used to make this floral mom cake topper. Of course you can always use whatever you have on hand or any paper you prefer.
Moms truly are unbelievable, amazing people. So what better way to celebrate them (or honor and remember them) than with their favorite type of cake? Then you can add this mom floral cake topper, handmade by you, as a special, thoughtful touch.
Using our tutorial below, you can make your cake topper exactly as pictured here. Or you can arrange the flowers and greenery however you’d like. Although we crafted this cake topper for Mother’s Day, it would also be perfect for a birthday celebration.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: We recommend using a cutting machine due to all the small pieces
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Knife, Cutting Mat, and Ruler (if cutting by hand)
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper Melon Pack: colors 1 & 2, Succulent Pack: colors 1 & 2, and Metallic Golds Pack: Intense Gold and White Gold
- Art Glitter Glue
- Wood Skewers
How to Make a Mom Floral Cake Topper
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out and score paper according to template using a detail knife and scoring tool, or a cutting machine (recommended).
- Lightly fold along the scorelines on the white flower petals.
- Use the blunt end of a skewer to pull the smaller pink petals upward.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love this DIY craft? Find more ideas for Mother’s Day, or explore all of our cake toppers.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.