It’s been a while since we’ve made a new Mother’s Day craft! So for this month’s collection, Krista designed a mom floral cake topper featuring two different flowers and some greenery. There is also a “mum” version in our printable template and SVG file for those in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
Along with our project downloads below, you’ll find a supplies list linking all of the tools and materials used to make this floral mom cake topper. Of course you can always use whatever you have on hand or any paper you prefer.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Moms truly are unbelievable, amazing people. So what better way to celebrate them (or honor and remember them) than with their favorite type of cake? Then you can add this mom floral cake topper, handmade by you, as a special, thoughtful touch.
Using our tutorial below, you can make your cake topper exactly as pictured here. Or you can arrange the flowers and greenery however you’d like. Although we crafted this cake topper for Mother’s Day, it would also be perfect for a birthday celebration.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: We recommend using a cutting machine due to all the small pieces
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Mom Floral Cake Topper
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern listed on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out and score paper according to template using a detail knife and scoring tool, or a cutting machine (recommended).
- Lightly fold along the scorelines on the white flower petals.
- Use the blunt end of a skewer to pull the smaller pink petals upward.
Full tutorial available for members to download listed on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Knife, Cutting Mat, and Ruler (if cutting by hand)
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper Melon Pack: colors 1 & 2, Succulent Pack: colors 1 & 2, and Metallic Golds Pack: Intense Gold and White Gold
- Art Glitter Glue
- Wood Skewers
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member