If you’re looking for a quick and easy costume you can make for kids this Halloween, we’ve got you covered! Sometimes we just don’t have the time to sew a whole costume, and there’s nothing wrong with making things a little (or a lot) simpler on yourself. That’s why we’re going to show you how to make these really cute monster costume accessories that you could pair with pretty much any outfit.
Below we have a video tutorial for the monster headband and a photo tutorial for the wrist and ankle accessories.
Craft a scary cute costume
If you’re a crafter, then you most likely have a lot of these supplies on hand already. So not only will these monster costume accessories not take a ton of time to make, but it’s also more affordable than buying a costume from the store. Another fun thing about this costume is that you can make it any color combination you like.
We can’t wait to see your version of this costume! Be sure to share your little monsters with us by posting photos to our private Facebook page for members or by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: If you are worried about the crepe paper getting ruined because of wet weather, you could substitute the crepe fringe for felt. The template will work for either material.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
Tools for Headband
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
Materials for Headband
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Black, Coral, and Silver
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Black, Apricot, and White
- 30mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls — 7
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Black Pipe Cleaners — 7
Tools for Wrist & Ankle Accessories
Materials for Wrist & Ankle Accessories
How to Make Monster Costume Accessories
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut crepe paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Stack four fringe pieces in the following color order: Black, Coral, Silver, Black.
- Twist the fringe pieces together at the center.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.