This monstera drop dish might be one of our most popular projects. Although it looks quite detailed, our template makes this a simple DIY project for anyone to craft. And the tutorial is only eight steps!
Just check out our supplies list below to get started. Then download our printable template and tutorial at the end of the post.
Leaf Your Accessories Here
This monstera drop dish is such a beautiful way to display your jewelry and other small trinkets. Plus the template includes two sizes, so it’s perfect on a smaller nightstand or a larger dresser. If you want, you could even place it on your mantel with nothing in it and just use it as home decor.
Once the clay is dry, you can personalize your monstera drop dish with the paint colors you like best. We chose a dark teal and a light green-blue color to complement our tropical theme. Then we painted the edges with a gold pain pen to make it pop and pick up other metallic accents in the room.
We’d love to see your version of this clay craft, so be sure to share it with us! As always you can post a photo in our crafter’s community. Or use the hashtag #MadeWithLia on Instagram or Facebook.
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Rolling Pin
- X-Acto Knife
- Sand Paper
- DAS Air Dry Clay – White
- Americana Paint — Hauser Dark Green and Light Sage
- Posca Paint Marker – 3M Fine Reversible Bullet — Gold
How to Make a Monstera Drop Dish
- Gather the tools and materials listed above. Then download the template below.
- Roll out some of the air-dry clay using a rolling pin.
- Trace over the template onto the clay using a blunt pointed tool (a pencil would work).
- Cut out the clay using an X-Acto blade and carve out the details, then clean up the edges.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.