Leaf It All To Us
Our DIY monstera drop dish is such a pretty handcrafted home accessory. Involving clay and painting, it will bring you back to art class days of your adolescence. Simply gather the tools and materials listed below and craft along with our step-by-step photo tutorial today!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Rolling Pin
- X-Acto Knife
- Sand Paper
- Paint Brush
- Air Dry Clay
- Blick Matte Acrylic Paint in Sage Blue
- Blick Matte Acrylic Paint in Dark Green Deep
- Pen-Touch Paint Pen in Gold
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Roll out some clay using a rolling pin.
- Trace over the template onto the clay using a blunt pointed tool (a pencil would work).
- Cut out the clay using an X-Acto blade and carve out the details, then clean up the edges.
- Allow the clay to dry upside down over a round bowl for 24-hours.
- Once the clay is fully dry, use sand paper or a nail file to smooth the edges.
- Paint the dish with acrylic paint.
- Allow the paint to dry, then line the edges with a gold paint pen.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team