To compliment our DIY Mother Earth costume and head wreath, these ivy arm cuffs are the cherry on top. Complete your Mother Earth look with these whimsical and easy-to-craft accessories! Simply gather the tools and materials listed below and follow our step-by-step tutorial to make a few today. In no time at all, you’ll be ready to move mountains with this masterpiece of a costume! (Photography by Brian McDonnell)
Tools & Materials
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
- Text Weight Paper – Paper Papers Pop-Tone in Jellybean Green
- Cardstock Paper – Bazzill Basics Cardstock in Patch
- Art Markers – Copic Sketch in Grass Green (YG17)
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18-gauge, 26-gauge
- Green Floral Tape
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Wrap two wires with two layers of floral tape, then attach them together using floral tape.
- Using pliers, create a flat spiral on one end.
- Use your hands to shape the wrap to the size of your arm, then create a flat spiral on the other end using the pliers.
- Cut out the paper according to the template notes using scissors or a cutting machine, then score along the score marks and curl the edges of the leaves.
- Draw vine lines on the top of the Patch colored paper ivy leaves.
- Glue a 2” piece of the 26-gauge wire between the Patch colored paper and the Jellybean. (The Jellybean paper is the underside.)
- Attach the ivy to the arm wrap using floral tape to hold in place.
We want to hear from you! Always feel free to reach out with any questions, comments or concerns. And remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest work — your creativity never fails to inspire. Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.