In honor of Father’s Day coming up, Emily made a My Hero embroidered felt patch that you can recreate using our template and tutorial below. Featuring her own illustrations, this patch also fits in perfectly with our mythological theme this month.
When you’re ready to start crafting, just check out our supplies list below. You can find everything we used in our online craft shop, or you’re always welcome to use what you have on hand.
For your super hero dad or grad
Although Emily created this My Hero embroidered felt patch for Father’s Day, we think it would also make a cute gift for your grad — or anyone else you want to acknowledge. As with any patch, you can add it to whatever you like! Some fun ideas if you need them are a denim jacket, pencil case, or a backpack.
Of course you can also personalize your patch by choosing your own felt color and embroidery floss. We’d love to see what you do with this patch, so be sure to share photos with us! As always you can post pictures to our Facebook page for members, by using the hashtag #MadeWithLia on Instagram, or emailing us at email@example.com.
Skill level: Intermediate
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Light Antique Blue (932), Pearl Grey (415), and Very Light Pearl Grey (762)
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Night
- Printable Water Soluble Stabilizer
- (Optional) Heat n’ Bond Fusible Interface
How to Make a My Hero Embroidered Felt Patch
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Print pattern on Water Soluble Stabilizer, cut out, and stick on felt and cut to fit in 9 cm. embroidery hoop.
- Follow the stitch directions in the printable pattern.
- Complete the directions on the printable pattern and securely tie all threads on the back.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.