Do you think alpacas are adorable? Then you’re going to love this craft! Alpacas and llamas are everywhere right now. You can find them on clothing, home decor, mugs, and more. And no wonder…they’re such cute and funny creatures! Take this alpaca, for example. It’s soft and fuzzy, has cute little ears and feet, and it’s smiling at you! What’s not to like? If you’ve been wanting to craft your own alpaca, you’re in luck! Today we’re showing you how to make your own needle felted alpaca.
An Alpaca in Sheep’s Clothing
If you made our needle felted fox last week, you can add this cutie to your collection! We call this DIY craft an alpaca in sheep’s clothing because it’s made from sheep’s wool. Just like the felted fox (and our other needle felted crafts), we used foam eggs to create the body of this needle felted alpaca. It just makes the crafting process a lot easier and quicker.
We like needle felting animals because it’s really simple to do. It mostly just involves using a felting needle to continuously poke at your wool roving. But if you’re new to needle felting, this video can help. If you have any questions while you’re working on your needle felted alpaca, just comment below! We’re always happy to help.
Have you made any of our felt animals yet? Make sure to share your stuffie with us on Instagram using the hashtag #MadeWithLia. You can also search the hashtag to see what other members are making.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Wool Roving – White, Latte, and Black
- 2 Foam Eggs — 1-1/8″ x 7/8″ and 2.5″ x 3″
- 5 Pipe Cleaners — cut to 3″ long
- 2 Small Black Beads
- Gather tools and materials.
- Attach foam eggs with 1 pipe cleaner and add 4 pieces as legs.
- Cover foam in white wool roving and poke repeatedly; wrap roving around pipe cleaner and poke to secure.
- Cover all but nose and feet with latte wool roving.
- Take 2 small pieces of white roving and poke repeatedly to form tall ears.
- Poke loose felt at base of ear into place, then cover white roving with latte roving around the base of the ear.
- Glue eyes into place. Use black wool roving to create nose and mouth.
Make More Stuffies!
Felt animals are such a fun and easy DIY project. We’ve made a lot of them and can’t wait to show you the new ones we’re working on! We always share new craft projects, ideas, and tips on our social pages. So make sure to follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
You can also become a member to gain access to all of our DIY projects. This includes printable patterns, SVG files, easy tutorials, and more. Head on over to our membership page now to see our two membership options as well as the full list of membership perks. Happy crafting!