*This cute project has been updated since video 🙂
To get started on your needle-felted panda, check out our tools and materials list below. Starting with a 4cm wool felt ball, you can simply wrap the roving wool around and felt into place to create the egg shape of your panda body. Once the body is formed, you can sculpt it with the felting technique to add the nose and tail. With the cut shapes from black wool-blend felt it will be simple to add all of the black details to the white panda, finishing it with our special needle felting eyes and a handmade sprig of felt bamboo.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
How adorable is this needle-felted panda? This is a simple DIY project for all skill levels, including kids who are comfortable using a felting needle. Of course, we also had to create some cute, little bamboo leaves out of wool blend felt for our panda pal.
Our tutorial will walk you through each step to creating your own needle-felted panda, but be sure to reach out if you have any questions!
How to Make a Needle-Felted Panda
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern.
- Starting with the 4cm wool ball, wrap roving wool around and needle felt to shape an egg with the 36g needle.
- Continue refining and smoothing with middle 38g needle.
- Finish the egg shape with the finest 40g needle.
Full tutorial available for members to download above.
If you enjoy this needle-felted panda with its tiny bamboo, you may also like our larger crepe paper bamboo plant. You can also explore all of our needle-felted animals for more ideas. To make the mini bowls pictured above, check out our tutorial here.
- Tailor’s Awl
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Stuffing Tool
- Quilting Pins
- Embroidery Needle
- Needle Felting Finger Protectors
- Needle Felting Roving Wool – Licorice and Natural White
- Wool Blend Felt – Black, Juniper, and Eucalyptus
- Craft Eyes for Needle Felting – 3mm
- Wool Felt Ball – 4cm cotton color or Needle Felting Core Wool
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Avocado Green
- Art Glitter Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member