We’re enamored with these needle felted ravens… The perfect mix of sweet and spooky! Get into the Halloween spirit with this hauntingly simple DIY project. We’ve created two sets of downloadable files — download SVG if using a cutting machine or PDF to cut by hand. Gather the tools and materials listed below, and follow our step-by-step photo tutorial for crafting made simple. Get ready to go caw-razy for crafting!
Tools & Materials
- Felting Needle
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Paint Brush
- Black Felt
- Black Roving Felt
- 2 Floral Wires (18-gauge)
- Black Paint
- Foam Egg (1 7/8” x 2 1/2”)
- Foam Ball (1 1/2”)
- 2 Black Beads
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Glue and smash together the foam ball and foam egg to create your bird’s body.
- Wrap black roving felt around the foam. Use a felting needle to repeatedly poke roving felt into the foam.
- Use roving felt to build up the nose and tail areas.
- Cut out the felt according to the pattern.
- Glue the bases of all three tail pieces (bottom to top). Then glue the edge of the beak and fold together. Finally, glue wing 2 on top of wing 1.
- Attach the beak, button eyes, wings and tail.
- Add roving felt around the eyes with a roving needle to create eye lids.
- Use needle nose pliers to bend your floral wire to make two feet (refer to our Needle Felted European Robin tutorial for more details).
- Paint the feet with black paint.
- Stick the feet into body. Cut 1/4” x 1” piece of black felt and glue around the top of the leg.
Craft With Us
Join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a membership to start crafting with us! For a chance to have your work featured on our social media, use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest projects — we can’t wait to see what you’re up to. Have a spooktacular day ~ Lia & Team