Felt the Raven… Evermore!
We’re enamored with these needle felted ravens… The perfect mix of sweet and spooky! Get into the Halloween spirit with this hauntingly simple DIY project. We’ve created two sets of downloadable files — download SVG if using a cutting machine or PDF to cut by hand. Gather the tools and materials listed below, and follow our step-by-step photo tutorial for crafting made simple. Get ready to go caw-razy for crafting!
- Lia Griffith Needle Felting Needle Holder
- Lia Griffith Felting Needles – pack of 6
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers / Wire Cutters
- Paint Brush
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Black
- Needle Felting Roving Wool – Licorice
- 2 Floral Wires (18-gauge)
- Black Paint
- Foam Egg (1 7/8” x 2 1/2”) or Needle Felting Core Wool
- Foam Ball (1 1/2”)
- 2 Black Beads
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Glue and smash together the foam ball and foam egg to create your bird’s body. The foam balls can be replaced with the core wool and it will keep your needles sharper longer.
- Wrap black roving felt around the foam. Use a felting needle to repeatedly poke roving felt into the foam.
- Use roving felt to build up the nose and tail areas.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Craft With Us
Join us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest, and sign up for a membership to start crafting with us! For a chance to have your work featured on our social media, use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest projects — we can’t wait to see what you’re up to. Have a spooktacular day ~ Lia & team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
The pigs are darling. I fear felting may be my next craft area!
It’s SO fun, Sue!