To compliment our DIY mermaid costume, we bring you this no-sew simple-to-craft felt mermaid headband. Gather the tools and materials listed below, and follow our step-by-step photo tutorial to easily craft this pretty accessory today! This Halloween, channel some magic from under the sea…
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Rose Quartz, Apricot, Juniper, and Fern
- Wool Blend Felt – Aqua, Grapefruit
- Art Markers – Light Prawn (R22), Pink (RV11), Yellowish Beige (Y23), Bush (BG96)
- Small Plastic Pearl Beads (2 sizes)
- White Seed Beads
- Blue Sequins
- Green Headband
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the felt according to the pattern — You can cut out as many pieces as you want, depending on how lush you want your headband to be. Our headband had one of each seashell with two bigger seaweed leaves, five medium and two of the smallest.
- Add details by shading or drawing on the felt pieces using art markers. Pick colors that are a bit darker than the felt for an understated look.
- Glue the cut out felt to the headband starting with the bigger seaweed pieces glued along the headband, then the smaller on top radiating up and out from the center. Glue the bigger seashells clustered on top with the smaller ones on the side.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
More to Explore
For more DIY costumes, browse our website here!
Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and sign up for your Lia Griffith membership today. Questions? Comments? We want to hear from you! Use #MadeWithLia and share photos of your latest projects with us — you are our greatest inspiration. Much love ~ Lia & team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.