There are really so many fun ways to decorate Easter eggs. Ever since we received some cotton spun eggs from Smile Mercantile, we have been experimenting with how we can transform them into cute Easter crafts you can make at home—on your own or with kids! Last week we shared our carrot and strawberry Easter eggs. And today our designer Meagan came up with another sweet and simple idea, which involves using paint and felt to create animal Easter eggs.
An Eggcellent DIY
Aren’t these animal Easter eggs so darling? This is a great craft for both kids and adults. So if you’re looking for a fun family craft idea for Easter, try this one out!
We have found that the cotton spun eggs from Smile Mercantile are very easy to paint. But if you don’t feel like painting your eggs (or you don’t have the time), you can use our template to cut the facial features from vinyl instead. That being said, we personally think it’s more fun to paint your animal Easter eggs!
If you or your kiddos end up making these animal Easter eggs, we would love to see them! You can share photos on our Facebook page for members or tag #MadeWithLia on your social pages. And of course you can always send us a direct message on Facebook or Instagram—or email us at email@example.com.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cotton Spun Eggs — 58mm
- Blick Matte Acrylic Paint — Pearl White, Off White, Brown, Orange Light, and Black
- Benzie Felt — Smoke, Linen, Brown, and Castle
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Aleene’s Stiffen-Quick Fabric Stiffening Spray
- Cricut Vinyl — Black (optional)
- Benzie Felt Pom-Poms — XSmall in White (for the bunny tail)
How to Make Animal Easter Eggs
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Paint your eggs using the following colors: brown for the deer, pearl white for the bunny, and off white for the sheep.
- Cut felt according to the template notes; glue inner ears to ears of the bunny and deer using tacky glue.
- Spray felt bunny ears and deer antlers with fabric stiffener; allow to dry.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Get Crafty with Us
Want more DIY ideas for Easter? Browse all of our Easter craft projects on the site.
And if you haven’t joined our craft community yet, take a peek at our membership options!
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.