Our 10-year anniversary as a business has us reminiscing about all of the projects we’ve created — and how far we’ve come! It’s always fun to look back on something you made a long time ago and see how your skills have improved. One project that comes to mind is this snake plant we made back in 2016. As you can see there is a big difference between that first design and this painted crepe paper snake plant!
To start crafting this paper plant, check out our supplies list below. Then download the template and tutorial.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
You’ll have the bessssst time crafting this
This painted crepe paper snake plant is such a fun one to get creative with. Plus it looks so realistic! Featuring sword-shaped, pointy leaves with variations of green stripes, Meagan’s tutorial will show you how to assemble and paint your leaves to resemble a true snake plant.
As always, you can use the crepe paper and paint colors we linked below, or use what you prefer. We’d love to see your version of this paper plant, so be sure to share photos on our crafter’s community page. Or post on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
Skill level: Intermediate
Crafting tips: Use a stiff pant bush and blot the paint on to get more texture. Be sure your Mod Podge is fully dry before painting the leaves. You can make as many leaves as you wish to best fit the pot you have.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Painted Crepe Paper Snake Plant
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template listed on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out crepe paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade.
- Glue a wire between two matching leaves using mod podge.
- Trim any misaligned edges using scissors then paint both sides of the leaf with mod podge.
Full tutorial available for members to download listed on the right hand side at the top of this post.
Love this painted crepe paper snake plant? Check out all of our paper plants to see what else you can make.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Ferns & Moss
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Mod Podge – Matte
- Americana Paint — Avocado and Hauser Dark Green
- Floral Foam, Moss, & Pot
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member