Leaf It All to Us
Get crafty this fall with this painted paper leaf garland. This project features pretty metallics and pastels — two unexpected color palettes that are super trendy this autumn. Create this garland as a gorgeous accessory for a mantel, table, door, window or plant… The styling options are endless! Leaf it all to us to come up with a pretty new paper garland for you to craft today…
Tools & Materials
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Rough Bristle Paintbrushes – various sizes
- Text Weight Paper – Paper-Papers – Speckletone Kraft, FAV Shimmer Pure Gold and Shine Champagne
- Acrylic Paint – Blick Neutral Gray, Titanium White, Blue Light and Sage Blue; Martha Stewart Yellow Gold; Americana Cactus
- Sakura Gold Pen
- 1/8” Cotton Cording
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Score and cut your leaves out of kraft paper using a cutting machine (recommended). If not, print the pattern directly onto paper and cut it out with scissors or an X-Acto blade.
- Paint your leaves in desired colors using large, rough bristle brushes. Tips for painting multi-color leaves: brush on a medium tone color first, moving in one direction. Make sure that the brush isn’t too wet with paint by dabbing excess paint off on a scrap piece of paper first.
- Next, brush on a brighter, lighter tone of paint in a similar color.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Remember to us #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects and always feel free to reach out with you questions/feedback — we want to hear from you! Happy Autumn ~ Lia & Team