A new season calls for a new handmade wreath! Designed by Meagan, this painted wood spring wreath features four different flowers with leaves in a variety of sizes. You can personalize this project using the paint colors you prefer, or you can use the exact ones we linked below.
To get started, check out our supplies list. Then download our template and step-by-step tutorial.
Keep your craft skills blooming
Although we typically use paper and felt for most of our DIY crafts, we love getting creative with other materials, too. We have used wood veneer for a few projects now and love its natural look. However, we wanted the flowers and leaves of this wreath to stand out, so Meagan painted them using the acrylic colors linked below.
You can use the same colors we did for your painted wood spring wreath, or choose whatever colors you like best! Once you’re finished, you can hang it anywhere in your home.
Skill level: Intermediate
Crafting tips: Use a pencil to outline the areas you want to paint; you can alway erase the pencil marks that paint doesn’t cover. A piece of sand paper or nail file may come in handy to smooth out any rough edges from cutting.
Other projects shown: Frosted paper button fern
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended) with Deep Cut Blade and StrongGrip Mat
- Detail Knife
- Small Paintbrushes
- 12″x12″ Maple Wood Veneer (2 sheets)
- 12″x12″ Brown Chipboard
- Americana Acrylic Paint — Foliage Green, Celery Green, Coral, Snow White, Lilac Meadow, and Periwinkle
- Spray Adhesive
- Masking Tape
How to Make a Painted Wood Spring Wreath
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- ape down edges of wood veneer to strong grip mat. Cut using deep cut blade and multiple passes. Use a detail knife to cut any missed areas.
- Cut out a wreath in brown chipboard as well.
- Use spray adhesive to attach the wood wreath to the chipboard wreath. Set a heavy book on top of the wreath while the glue dries.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.