Apple of our Eye
The tradition of bringing a fresh apple to a teacher on the first day of school is a timeless one. We decided to give it a fun new twist with this sweet and simple papercut project – why not give a teacher something they can cherish for longer than just an afternoon snack break? With a few simple materials and the help of our favorite Fiskars scissors, we were able to come up with the perfect template and tutorial for you to put together your very own paper apples for back to school. A great project for you and your kids to make and love, together. Go here to download the FREE templates!
Tools & Materials
- Fiskars Scissors (orange handled)
- Low-Temperature Hot Glue Gun
- Cardstock (red for the apple, green for the leaves, brown for the stem)
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template.
- Using your scissors, cut your paper according to the template.
- Fold and attach the centerpiece to the inside of the apple using a bit of hot glue. Fold each section of the apple up and secure to the centerpiece using a bit more hot glue. Finally, secure the leaves to the top of the apple with glue.
- Use a marker to write names or a special note on the leaves and gift to someone special!
Teachers! Make these apples to use as name cards in welcoming your students on the first day. Fun for you to craft and your students will adore them– and you!
For more information on Fiskars crafting products, including their DIY essential Orange-handled Scissors (which will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary this year!) check out their website or follow Fiskars on Facebook, Twitter, Instagra