We cannot get over how real this paper climbing vine looks! Instead of having it trail down like some of our other vine plants, Meagan wrapped it around one of our macrame hoops. This gives the vine some beautiful structure and makes it easy to display anywhere in your home.
If you haven’t made any of our paper plants before, this paper climbing vine is a great one for beginners. Just download our pattern and tutorial below to start crafting!
I plant wait to make this
To make the leaves on this paper climbing vine look more realistic, Meagan used a white paint pen and and green marker over it to add veins and other unique markings. You can follow our tutorial to color your paper leaves like we did, or you can always look at a real vine for inspiration.
Along with coloring your leaves and wiring them around your hoop, our tutorial will show you how to pot your climbing vine. Once you have it all assembled, you can use it as a table centerpiece, add it to a shelf, or place it on a kitchen countertop.
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Curling Tool
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper — Succulent Pack Color: 3
- Uni-Posca Paint Marker — White
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Leaf Green (048)
- Colored Pencil — Lemon Yellow
- Bind Wire — Green
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Gold Macrame Hoop – 10″
- 5″ Pot
- 3″ Floral Foam Ball
How to Make a Frosted Paper Climbing Vine Plant
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Add details to the scored side of each leaf using a green marker.
- Add more detail using a white paint pen, make sure the details on each leaf vary.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.