Daisies for Stringtime
In Portland we’ve hit the season we regretfully call “False Spring.” Even though we are in the midst of March, rain clouds still abound and blue skies are but a mere fond memory. During this time we like to find any way we can to create a little sunshine. This paper daisy chain certainly does the trick. It’s such a lovely way to string up a little happiness in your home. Follow along with our steps below to decorate with daisies.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- LG Curling Tool
- Craft Knife (if cutting by hand)
- Text Weight Paper – Paper-Papers Pop-Tone “Whip Cream”, “Lemondrop”
- Cardstock Paper – Paper-Papers Mohawk “Pine”
- Green Baker’s Twine
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut out the paper pieces with the petals scored.
- Crease the daisy pieces along the score line down each petal slightly.
- Curl the yellow inner piece of the daisy inward.
- Stack two daisy pieces together and glue – stack the middle pieces together and glue with the smaller on top.
- Glue a length of baker’s twine to the middle of the daisy.
- Glue the daisy center on top.
- Glue the leaves to the backside of the daisy. Continue gluing on more daisies, about 4 inches apart.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team