If you like the look of dried flowers but wish they would last longer, we think you’re going to love this DIY idea from Meagan! Our tutorial below will show you how to make some paper flowers and greenery that look as if they have been dried and bleached, then arrange them to create a paper dried flower wreath that will look gorgeous through the holiday season and beyond.
Because of the intricate cuts, we recommend using a cutting machine with our SVG file for this project. But you can also cut everything by hand using our printable template.
Do dry this at home!
Our paper dried flower wreath combines frosted paper and vellum, giving it a light and delicate look that also has a lot of beautiful texture. We also mixed a few different types of greenery for our wreath, including fern leaves, leaf sprigs, eucalyptus, and berry sprigs. Lastly, we spray painted both the little blooms and berries pink to create that faded look that dried arrangements have.
You can use our photos as a guide for how to arrange the pieces of your paper dried flower wreath. Or you can get creative with it and arrange them however you would like. When you’re done, be sure to share photos with us by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram or posting to our Facebook page for members.
Skill level: Intermediate just because of the small pieces and the amount of different pieces you need for the wreath.
Crafting tip: Lay out your pieces on the hoop before gluing them in place — that way if you feel like you want more of anything, you can just cut it out and add it!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors or Detail Scissors
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper — Citrus Pack: Color 4
- 8.5″x11″ Vellum — White
- Gold Macrame Hoop – 10″
- 6mm Spun Balls
- Bind Wire – Natural
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Design Master Color Tool Spray — Blush OR Liquitex Pro Cadmium Red Light
How to Make a Paper Dried Flower Wreath
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Wrap the gold hoop with natural bind wire; allow some of the gold hoop to show through.
- Cut paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Arrange paper flower petals from smallest to largest.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.