If you’ve been following us for a while, then you know that paper houses are one of our favorite ways to decorate for Christmas. Five years ago we posted some very simple paper house ornaments. So this year, Krista has designed an updated version that is much more detailed and elegant. These paper European house ornaments are a beginner-friendly project and perfect for filling out your Christmas tree!
Our pattern below includes four designs for you to cut out. Just follow our tutorial to create your own version!
Home for the holidays
We know that the holidays this year might look different for a lot of you. One thing that always helps me get through tough or challenging times is crafting. Not only can it make you feel more calm and positive, but filling your home with beautiful handmade decorations will be a constant reminder of the peace and joy that crafting brings.
Ready to start crafting? Because each house has a lot of small details to cut out, we recommend using a cutting machine – especially if you are going to make a bunch for your tree or to decorate with. To give our paper European house ornaments that extra holiday touch, we used shimmery white paper for the sides and gold paper for the roofs.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Knife, Ruler, Scoring Tool, and Cutting Mat (if cutting by hand)
- Embroidery Needle
- Text Weight Paper — PaperPapers Curious Metallic Cryogen White and FAV Shimmer Pure Gold
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Gold
How to Make Paper European House Ornaments
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template or SVG file below.
- Score and cut out paper house pieces using a cutting machine or a detail knife if cutting by hand. TIP: You can print directly onto the letter size paper you plan on using and cut it out directly from there. Score along the dotted lines.
- Fold along the score lines.
- Glue the tab on the roof to the opposite side.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love decorating for Christmas? Browse all of our Christmas crafts for more ideas. And be sure to check out the rest of our November collection!
You can also visit our social pages to see our latest projects and favorite crafts from previous years. If you want more DIY ideas, make sure to follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and YouTube.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
I am a new member in London UK and I wish to print out the templates for little houses to cut out into decorations. I do not understand the UK equivalent of ‘text weight’ paper , what should I use in my printer ( I do not have a cutter and will be cutting by hand, but want the house to look stylish and not ‘thin’) Thanks
The paper we used is equivalent to 118 and 120 GSM, I hope that helps!