This paper fall leaf branch is simple to craft and a great way to decorate for fall. Because the shapes have some small cuts to maneuver in and around with scissors, we recommend using a cutting machine to save yourself some time. But you can always use detail scissors for those tiny cuts instead!
Along with showing you how to make these beautiful fall leaves out of paper, our tutorial will also show you how to make your branch using floral wire and bind wire.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Paint the colors of the fall season
To create this paper fall leaf branch, Meagan used a burgundy text weight paper and then deepened the color even more with maroon spray paint. For some additional dimension, she also colored the leaves with a red PanPastel. Of course you’re always welcome to make your leaves in different colors!
Also, while you can always use whatever glue you like, we highly recommend using Art Glitter glue. We have tested a lot of glue over the years, and we have to say that the bind wire adheres really well to the back of the paper leaves with this glue.
Crafting tips: Allow glue to dry fully before coloring or shaping the leaves. You may spray a fixative on the leaves after applying the PanPastel if you want to protect the color a bit more.
How to Make a Paper Fall Leaf Branch
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut and score leaves according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Use art glitter glue to attach a 5-inch bind wire to each large leaf, then attach the two smaller leaves to either end of a 3-inch bind wire.
- Spray the bind wire and leaves with maroon or burgundy Colortool spray.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors or Detail Scissors (if cutting by hand)
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Text Weight Paper — Berry Pack
- Floral Tape — Bark
- Bind Wire – Brown
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Art Glitter Glue
- Design Master Color Tool Spray — Maroon or Burgundy or Montana Black Spray Paint — Cardinal
- PanPastel — Permanent Red Shade (340.3)
- Krylon Clear Matte Finish Spray (optional)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member