Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Feel like royalty with these large paper fan palms. They’re great to display around your home for summer or for fanning yourself as you lounge and eat some grapes. Whatever you use it for, we’ll show you how to create your own below with our step-by-step tutorial. All you have to do is kick back, relax, and craft.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Dot Roller
- Paint Brush
- Round Nose Pliers
- Wooden Skewer
- Cardstock – Cricut 12”x 24” Candy Shop Pack “Green” and “Teal”
- Pan Pastels – “Phthalo Blue Shade”, “Phthalo Green”, “Permanent Green Tint”
- Floral Tape
- 18-gauge Floral Wire
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut and score the paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Accordion fold the circle along the score marks then fold the leaves along the score marks.
- Use the dot roller to attach the leaves to the center piece, start with the 4 largest leaves labeled “B” attach the shorter side of them over the 4 center accordion folds.
- Take the 4 leaves labeled “C” (they are slightly shorter than B) glue the shorter side of 2 leaves to each side of the already placed leaves, repeat with the remaining leaves labeled D, E, and F in that order. The leaves gradually get shorter as the palm fans out
- Wrap the skewer with floral tape.
- Fold the wire in half using the round nose pliers, then bend each side back creating a “U” shape.
- Glue the skewer to the center backside of the fan palm using the hot glue gun.
- Glue the wire across the fan palm placing the “u” shape over the skewer, this will hold the palm up.
- Shade the palm using a paintbrush and Pan Pastels, shade the center dark and the tips light.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files, and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member