Dream away the day with these simple and stylish tropical paper flower leis. Our designer Krista had a blast making this colorful concept come to life. She created a set of SVG templates that make it easy for anyone to create a beautiful garland of flowers. Personalize your lei with unique paper and different lengths of string. Kick back, relax and let this papercut project take you to paradise!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Text Weight Paper — Fairway, Lime Satin, Jellybean Green, Emerald, Pink, Pink Lemonade, Gold, Cryogen White
- Baker’s Twine
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the flowers and leaves (a cutting machine is recommended). Curl the petals on the flowers using the edge of a pair of scissors. Fold the leaves and curl.
- Glue the tabs onto the flowers and attach to the other side. The two bigger flowers should have their petals curling out, and the small white flowers curling in.
- Roll the pink stamen pieces and glue in the center of the white flowers.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
We’re head-over-heels for our paper cutting machine from Cricut! Although this project can be completed by hand, a paper cutting machine makes it all the more simple. We found our text weight papers from Paper-Papers in the colors Fairway, Lime Satin, Jellybean Green, Emerald, Pink, Pink Lemonade, Gold, Cryogen White, but feel free to play around with a pallet of your own unique styling!
There’s More to Explore!
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and become a member for more DIY crafting made simple! Send us your questions and commentary – we love to hear from you! And remember to share photos of your projects using #MadeWithLia. All the best ~Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.