Featuring a sunset-inspired palette of shimmery colors, this paper flower tropical head wreath is the perfect accessory for a summer party. And you can even make some beautiful decor with the template, too! Just use more vine wire, flowers, and greenery to create a full wreath you can hang up — or a garland to lay out on a table.
Since there are quite a few narrow cuts to make, we recommend using a cutting machine for this DIY project. Or you can always cut your flower pieces by hand.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Some of you may remember the free version of this project we made years ago. While similar, this paper flower tropical wreath is an updated design with more intricate stamen for the hibiscus flowers. And the tutorial is more detailed as well.
When you’re ready to get started, everything we used for this paper craft is linked below. You’ll notice we used a mix of oranges and pinks to make our head wreath resemble a dreamy tropical sunset. But you can always use whatever colors you prefer.
We’d love to see your version — and what you wear it for! So once you’ve made this pretty floral crown, be sure to share it with us on our crafter’s community page or on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: We recommend using a cutting machine with a fresh mat and blade due to the delicate nature of the stamen pieces.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Paper Flower Tropical Head Wreath
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut a 20-inch length of wire, and double it over.
- Starting at the looped end, twist the wires together every couple of inches.
- Bend the cut ends in to make a loop at the end to finish
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Scissors, Detail Knife, Cutting Mat, and Ruler (if cutting by hand)
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- 12″x 12″ Paper — Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper Melon Pack: colors 1,3, & 4, Citrus Pack: colors 2 & 3, and Succulent Pack: colors 1 & 3
- Rustic Vine Wire
- Wood Skewer
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member