Your baby is the most important person on this Earth. That’s why we here at Lia Griffith have created this outstanding paper geode crib mobile! This handmade baby project looks amazing and it’s incredibly simple to make. Nap time has just become more precious.
And thanks to our friends at Paper-Papers, we are giving you this pattern for FREE. Download your free geode mobile template below. Then, follow along with our photo tutorial on Paper-Papers to assemble your crib mobile.
For the mobile geode, we used Paper-Papers’ POPTONE and shimmer metallic papers. Together, these really shine and stimulate any young mind! Both papers have solid hold so your geode shapes stay put. Also, the colors are pastel, giving a soft feel to the entire project. For the list of papers used in this mobile project, visit PaperPapers.com.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Scotch Adhesive Dot Roller
- Sewing Needle
- Text Weight Paper – Gold, Sno Cone, Lilac, Grapesicle
- 9-inch Diameter Embroidery Hoop
- Blue Bakers Twine
(Follow along with the photo tutorial on PaperPapers.com!)
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut out paper according to the template then fold paper piece on score lines.
- Use adhesive roller to attach two sides of the paper piece.
- Then, use adhesive roller to attach two pieces, Gluing at the points to help secure.
- Use a sewing needle to thread bakers twine through the top. Knot twine at the top to secure.
- String three pieces of twine evenly around the embroidery hoop. Knot and loop the top of twine.
- Knot twine to secure paper pieces onto the hoop.
- Hang mobile and knot a final paper piece to the base of the top loop.
Come Craft with Us!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LG community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team