These frosted paper honeycomb suns make such fun summer decorations! Plus they are a great craft for older kids. Our tutorial below will show you how to make the honeycomb paper center with shiny sun rays bursting from the sides, then attach a string to hang them.
To get started, check out our tools and materials list below. Then download the files at the end of the post. For this DIY craft, we recommend using your cutting machine, but you can always cut your paper honeycomb suns by hand.
Enjoy the sweet sun
For our frosted paper honeycomb suns, we used a mix of yellow, pink, and metallic gold — perfect for summer celebrations! You could also easily use other colors for other holidays or events, if you want.
We would love to see your version of these sweet sun decorations, so be sure to share them with us by posting photos to our Facebook page for members or by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: If you want to create a garland instead, just run a string through all of them.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Knife, Scoring Tool, Ruler, and Cutting Mat (if cutting by hand)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun or Tacky Glue
- Text Weight Paper — Paper Papers PopTone Lemon Drop and Pink Lemonade, Stardream Metallic Coral, and Shimmer Intense Gold
- Bakers Twine or Embroidery Floss — DMC Topaz (725) and Very Light Peach (9
How to Make Frosted Paper Honeycomb Suns
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut out and score the paper according to template. If you are not using a cutting machine, it is recommended you print directly onto your paper of choice and then cut it out with a detail knife and ruler. Score along the indicated dotted lines.
- Fold along all of the score lines to define. Fold all of the circles in half.
- Apply glue to the top and bottom sections, as shown in the photo tutorial. You can use hot glue or a permanent tacky glue, whatever works best with your chosen paper.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.