Our paper jasmine flower chandelier is a handcrafted masterpiece. It exudes such intricacy and elegance… you will be surprised how little effort it will take for you to create. The jasmine flower is of Eastern origins and is revered for its delicious fragrance. Though this paper version might be lacking in scent, the lifelike beauty of the flowers certainly make up for it. Gather the supplies listed below and then you’ll be ready to follow along with our simple step-by-step photo tutorial. If cutting with a cutting machine, download our SVG cut files or if cutting by hand with a pair of scissors, download our PDF templates. Happy crafting!
Tools & Materials
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Text Weight Paper – Frosted Metallic in Ice Silver
- Silver Thread
- 1/8” Silver Ribbon
- 4mm Pearl Beads
- 8” Gold Hoop
- 12” Gold Hoop
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the paper according to pattern notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Curl the flower petals using the edge of your scissors.
- Glue the flowers into shape using hot glue.
- Attach one end of the ribbing to one hoop with glue, then wrap it around the hoop until it is completely covered.
- Position the end of the ribbon into place and glue, then repeat steps 5 – 6 with the second hoop.
- Cut four 24” pieces of ribbon.
- Disperse the four pieces of ribbon evenly around the larger hoop and glue.
- Pull the four ribbons up and udjust them so the hoop hangs level, then tie a knot near the ends of the ribbons.
- Thread a bead onto one end of a 24” piece of thread, tie a knot around it to hold it in place.
- Next, thread a kneedle onto the other end of the thread, then thread a flower on so it is facing the bead, then thread a bead o
- Then thread a second bead on placing it one inch above the first, thread the needle back up and through the bead to hold it in place.
- Lastly thread the needle up and through the bead a second time to secure it in place and pull tight.
- Repeat steps 12 – 13 with the third bead.
- Continue to repeat steps 11 – 14 until you have six flowers, finish with a single bead on top of the last flower. Make nineteen of these strings of jasmine.
- Tie twelve strings of jasmine evenly around the large hoop.
- Also tie seven strings of jasmine evenly around the small hoop.
- Take four 18” pieces of thread and use these to hang the small hoop about 12” below and in the center of the large hoop.
For more DIY inspiration, connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Sign up for a Lia Griffith membership and start crafting with us today! For a chance to have your work featured on our social media, use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest projects — your creativity never fails to inspire us! Until next time ~ Lia & Team