BeLeaf in Your Crafts!
Keep summer going strong with this outstandingly gorgeous paper monstera leaf wreath. This DIY decoration is fun and super simple to make. Plus, thanks to our friends at Paper-Papers, we are giving you this pattern for FREE! If you’ve ever wanted to get into summer crafting, now would be the time!
All you have to do is visit Paper-Papers website to download either the SVG or PDF files, then cut. Finally, follow along with our photo tutorial below to learn how to assemble your paper monstera leaf wreath.
For this cool leaf wreath, we used Paper-Papers French POPTONE and metallic text weight paper. We are absolutely in love with these papers for our summer crafts! POPTONE offers the perfect thickness to remain firm yet malleable and is super fun and bright. Metallic is perfect for any summertime flower, with a shimmery finish and frosted texture. To discover your own perfect paper, browse Paper-Papers’ wide selection here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cutting Machine
Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Knife & Cutting Mat (if cutting by hand)
- Curling Tool
- Text Weight Paper: Paper-Papers Curious Metallic “Botanic” + POPTONE “Gumdrop Green,” “Sour Apple,” and “Banana Split”
- Art Markers: Copic Ciao “Pea Green” (YG63) + “Pine Tree Green” (G29)
- Colored Pencils: Prismacolor “Chartreuse”
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire: Decora 24-gauge
- 12” Wooden Embroidery Hoop
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut and score leaves out of various green paper: Our wreath has 9 monstera leaves (“Botanic” & “Gumdrop Green”), 5 palm fronds (”Botanic,” “Gumdrop Green,” & “Sour Apple”), and 7 anthurium leaves (“Sour Apple” & “Banana Split”).
- Fold the monstera leaves in half along the score line. Shade details with the green art markers, going from the middle outward, and from the edges of the leaf inward. Let leaves dry.
- Draw veins with a chartreuse colored pencil.
- Curl the leaf outward from the centerfold slightly.
- Shade the palm fronds down the middle, and lines through the leaves.
- Flip over and glue a length of 24-gauge floral wire to the back (for stability).
- Curl the tips under.
- Fold the anthurium leaf in half. Draw the veins on along the score lines with a chartreuse colored pencil. Curl the edges under.
- Glue the finished leaves onto the wooden embroidery hoop, moving in one direction. We used just the outer piece of the hoop and made sure to cover the screw part.
- Alternate leaf type and color for variety. You can even glue some smaller leaves to the underside for more depth and bend the palm fronds slightly.
- Tie a bit of twine if needed on the back for hanging.
Join Us For More Summer Fun!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LGM community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
I dont see any patterns for this Monstera 🙁
We made this project in sponsorship with Paper Papers! There is a link in the post to Paper Papers website where they are providing the pattern.
[…] either the SVG or PDF files, then cut. Finally, follow along with Lia’s photo tutorial on Liagriffith.com to learn how to assemble your paper monstera leaf wreath. Don’t forget, you can find all of […]