We love creating paper wreaths for different seasons and holidays. This paper shamrock and dogwood wreath is the perfect craft project for an understated St. Paddy’s Day. And since it’s so subtle, you can keep it up in your home all spring.
Rock this wreath all spring
Our paper shamrock and dogwood wreath features a variety of plants, leaves, and flowers. While it looks detailed, our designer Krista created it for all skill levels. So even if you’re a beginner, we encourage you to try this one out!
Along with being a fun DIY project, this handcrafted wreath is a great way to bring some greenery into your home. And since spring will be here next month, it’s a good transitional piece too. You can hang this wreath up anywhere in your home—above your mantel, on a door, or on a wall.
Ready to start making your own wreath? Just follow the tutorial below! We recommend using a cutting machine for this one, but you can also cut your pieces by hand with a craft knife and our PDF template.
When you’re done crafting your paper shamrock and dogwood read, share it with us! Just use the hashtag #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your LG projects. Or you can post pictures on our Facebook page for members. And if you have any questions, just comment below! ~Lia and team
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (recommended)
- Craft Knife (if cutting by hand)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool or Craft Scissors
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Text Weight Paper – Gumdrop Green, Sour Apple, Jellybean Green, Whip Cream, Basis Olive, Punch
- Art Markers — Blick Studio Brush Markers Leaf Green (048)
- Colored Pencils — Prismacolor Chartreuse, White, and Sienna Brown
- 24-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape – Ferns & Moss
- Vine Wire – Brown
- Tacky Glue
How to Make a Paper Shamrock and Dogwood Wreath
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out and score your paper pieces according to the template, using a cutting machine or craft knife.
- To make the shamrocks: Each shamrock requires six leaves. Draw details with a white colored pencil on three of the leaves.
- Apply tacky glue with a paintbrush to an uncolored leaf. Cut about 3.5” of your 24-gauge floral wire and place it in the middle. Layer one of the colored leaves on top. Let the leaves dry.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Love this Project?
To download this project, become a member.