Along Came a Spider…
Sometimes flowers have a bunch of nicknames: Airplane plant, St. Bernard’s lily, spider ivy, ribbon plant, hen-and-chickens… However, our favorite name for this amazing papercraft is spider plant. Our paper spider plant looks exactly like the real thing, but it won’t ever wilt or fall apart. And thanks to our friends at Paper-Papers, we are giving you this pattern for FREE. Download your free spider plant pattern below and follow along with our photo tutorial on Paper-Papers to assemble your plant.
For this spider plant, we used Paper-Papers’ POPTONE French Paper. We really dig this paper for botanical paper crafts! It’s sturdy enough to hold its shape and pops! with amazing color. To discover your own perfect plant paper, browse Paper-Papers’ wide selection of French paper here. For the photo tutorial to assemble your spider plant, visit PaperPapers.com.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cutting Machine (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool (optional)
- Paper-Papers “Gumdrop Green” Text Weight Paper
- Faber-Castell Marker — White
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- PanPastel – Bright Yellow Green
- Small Pot
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut out paper according to the pattern.
- Use white marker to color the center of both sides of leaves.
- Use PanPastel to add color to edges of the white marker.
- Cut wire in fourths and glue wire to end of leaves.
- Place leaves in the pot and slightly curl them with your fingers or a curling tool.
Come Craft With Us!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LGM community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team